- 1 Definitions and Interpretation:
- 2 The Scope of this policy:
- 3 Data Collected:
- 4 How we collect Data:
- 5 Data that is given to me by You:
- 6 Data that is collected automatically:
- 7 My use of Data:
- 8 Who I share Data with:
- 9 Keeping Data secure:
- 10 Data Retention:
- 11 Your Rights:
- 12 Links to other websites:
- 13 Changes of business ownership and control:
- 14 Cookies:
- 15 General:
Definitions and Interpretation:
DATA: collectively all information that you submit to this website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
COOKIES: a small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used are set out in the ‘cookies’ clause below.
DATA PROTECTION LAWS: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/94EC (Data Protection Regulations), or the GDPR and any national impending laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
I/WE/US: Steve George, or the employees of TheSkillfulMind.com, or Deben Worldwide Media.
UK &EU COOKIE LAW: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
USER/YOU: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by us and acting in the course of their employment, or (ii) engaged as a consultant, or otherwise providing services to us and accessing the Website in the provision of such service.
WEBSITE: the website you are currently using (https://TheSkillfulMind.com), and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa.
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships.
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”.
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
The Scope of this policy:
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Steve George is the “data controller”. This means that Steve George determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which may include personal Data from you:
- email address
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- any purchases you make and/or any of the free products you download.
How we collect Data:
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you, and
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to me by You:
We will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the website, by email, or otherwise.
- when you make payments through this website, or otherwise.
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from me.
- if you decide to comment on a posts.
Data that is collected automatically:
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- I automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps me to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you interact with its content.
- I will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how I use them on this website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
My use of Data:
Any or all of the above Data may be required by me from time-to-time, in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using the Website. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
- improvement of products/services
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
I may use your Data for the above purposes if I deem it necessary to do so for my legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your Rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, I’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in, or soft opt-in:
- a soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask for more details about a particular product, and we are marketing similar a similar product). Under soft opt-in consent, we will take your consent as given, unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, I am required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that I’ll provide.
If you are not satisfied about my approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your Rights” below.
I share your Data with the following people, for the following reasons.
Keeping Data secure:
I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example;
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that is unique to you.
- your Data is stored on secure servers.
- Data storage security is certified to SOC 2. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse, or loss, or unauthorised access to your data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if I delete your Data, it may persist on back up or archival media for legal, tax, or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access –the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. If I provide you with access to your information I hold about you, I will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where I am legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request. If I refuse your request, I will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that I delete or remove your Data from my systems.
- Right to restrict my use of your Data – the right to block me from using your Data or limit the way in which I can use it.
- Right to Data portability – the tight to request that I move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to my use of your Data including where I use it for my legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of you rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for protecting your Data), please contact me via this email address email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your Data changes during the period for which I hold it.
Links to other websites:
Changes of business ownership and control:
I may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of the business, or any part of it.
In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling me to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully, or as intended.
This website may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website, or use a shopping cart, etc.
- Cookies to enhance your experience of the Site – These are cookies that make your visit to the Website more enjoyable and less intrusive. They include things like cookies to remove subscription pop-ups, etc. when you ask me to.
You can choose to enable, or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personal settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of you internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally about cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to https://aboutcookies.org. You will also find details in how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement will be governed by and interpreted to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact me by email at: steve ‘at’ stevegeorge ‘dot’ org.